The Region IV Ten-Minute Play Festival features staged readings of the six plays selected as the competition finalists. These staged readings will be auditioned, cast, rehearsed, developed, and performed… all at the festival! A production team of director, playwright, and stage manager … all from different schools… conducts auditions at the festival and completes a brief but significant rehearsal process, culminating in the staged reading. This collaborative production opportunity focuses on the process of bringing the new work from the “page to the stage.”
- Complete and submit Ten Minute Play Cover Sheet (Submissions are currently closed)
- After submitting the cover sheet, you will be asked to upload a copy of your script in PDF format with TITLE PAGE ONLY. NO AUTHOR NAME OR SCHOOL NAME.
- Deadline: November 1st
- Each playwright may submit up to two (2) ten-minute plays.
- There is no submission fee for the ten minute play festival
- A ten-minute play is 10 pages or fewer (12pt font).
- The six region IV finalists will be selected prior to the festival, based on the reading of the play.
- Playwrights whose work is chosen for festival presentation must be in attendance at the regional festival.
- Out-of-region respondents will rank the six finalists based on the final scripts presented at the Regional Festival.
- Please see A Brief Note on Ten-Minute Plays by Gary Garrison for crucial advice on writing a ten-minute play.