Hello, Region 4!
Sorry for the saturation of emails the past two days. This will most probably be the last one from me (except for the occasional written response forwards to individual directors). Here are some short announcements for you to think about as the semester comes to a close and you embark on your summer activities:
- Please join me in congratulating Mark Charney as he ends his long and very successful tenure with Region 4. Mark has accepted the Chair position with the Department of Theatre and Dance at Texas Tech University! Though we are sad at the loss of such a creative and dedicated person to our region, we know that Lubbock and Region 6 will be much better for having Mark around! Good luck, Mark! Weâll miss you! Thank you for all youâve done for Region 4!
- FYI: the About page on the Region 4 website (http://kcactf4.org) will reflect the transition to the new regional leadership by the end of this month. Here is a list of the new regional officers and the length of term in parentheses:
- Jeff Green, Regional Chair (2012-2015)
- Annie-Laurie Wheat, Regional Vice-Chair (2012-2015)
- David Moberg, Region NPP ChairÂ (2012-2015)
- J. Caleb Boyd, Region NPP Vice-Chair (2012-2015)
- Ron Keller, Region DTM Chair (2012-2013)
- Jesse Dreikosen, Region DTM Vice-Chair (2012-2013)
- Shelly Elman, Immediate Past Regional Chair (2012-2015)
Please keep in mind that we will be putting out a call for Regional DTM Vice Chair, Dramaturgy Coordinator and an assistant to the Irene Ryan Coordinator. These calls will come from Jeff Green and come out sometime in August/September.
Have a great summer! Itâs been fun! I look forward to seeing many of you at the 2013 Regional Festival!
Professor of Theatre
Chair, Region IV, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
University of West Georgia
Martha Munro Building, Room 207C
Carrollton, GA 30118