Hello, Region 4!
Welcome back! The planning for the festival is going well. I wanted to remind you of some upcoming deadlines:
- Please look over the student nomination lists on our website. I know some of you have been very conscientious about this and I thank you. If I missed making a change, please accept my apology and let me know again. The lists can be found athttp://kcactf4.org/awards/
- I have a quick turnaround on this, so please let me know byJanuary 12.
- For some reason, some of the lists contain names but no school or show affiliation. Please help me identify who these people are!
- Iâm hearing that hotel rooms are almost booked up, so if you havenât made your reservations yet, please do so soon. The deadline for making reservations at the group rate is January 17, 2012. For information on the hotels, please go to:Â http://kcactf4.org/festival/
- Pre-registration at the early-bird rate of $65 ends January 24. Go tohttp://kcactf4.org/festival/
festival-registration/Â to register. Also remember that if you pay by credit card your card will be charged immediately.
- We will be announcing the Irene Ryan awards following the Saturday night performance ofÂ Underwear: The Musical.Â This is a change from previous years when the awards were announced after the Friday night invited production performance. The schedule of Irene Ryan auditions remains the same: Preliminary Round on Wednesday, February 1, Semi-Final Round on Thursday, February 2 and Final Round on Friday, February 3.
- Dramaturgy materials are due to Mark Charney tomorrow (January 6)! For more information, please go toÂ http://kcactf4.org/students/
- A list of festival workshops is on the website (http://kcactf4.org/festival/
festival-workshop-)! Itâs already out of date as weâve added two more (The ABCâs of LEDsÂ for lighting folks, andÂ The Essential Elements of the Ten-Minute PlayÂ led by Gary Garrison), but it will give you an idea of what weâre offering this year. A tentative festival schedule will go up in the next week. descriptions/
More information will be forthcoming!
Happy New Year!
Professor of Theatre
Chair, Region IV, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
University of West Georgia
Martha Munro Building, Room 207C
Carrollton, GA 30118